Monday, July 11, 6 p.m.
Traverse Area District Library
610 Woodmere Ave., Traverse City
G.T. Humanists will hold a discussion on the general state of eldercare in the nation, and in Grand Traverse County specifically.
Kim Bauml, Senior Care Consultant/President at Options for Senior Living LLC, and Sharon Neumann, Advanced Grief Recovery Specialist/Consultant, will lead a discussion about elder care options in our community.
Emphasizing that knowledge and thoughtful planning are empowering, the program and discussion will help to answer some of the most common questions and concerns about aging, including:
* The status of aging as a social issue and the big picture politically
* The economics and safety nets for patients who run out of money
* Insurance and financial considerations to keep in mind
* Recruiting and retaining eldercare employees
* Easing the burden for families
* Gerontology and palliative care options/availability
* Resources for successful adjustment to loss and change
* Local facility availability